The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Canned

No pictures today but I had to sum up our canning experience:

We have canned chicken, green beans, and peaches. All three were DELICIOUS!

The chicken was used as shredded toppings to BBQ pizza as well as filler with burritos. We came home, opened the can, drained it because we didn't need the yummy chicken broth (unfortunately) and the chicken literally fell apart on the cutting board. YUM

The green beans I was worried would be a little too soft for my liking. You know how canned green beans from the store are really pretty gross? Well these were soft, but not too soft and they had the best flavor: fresh and clean. We opened the jar, drained the beans and stuck them on the stove to sauté in olive oil with pepper and garlic salt. YUM

The peaches were a gift from a friend, and once they were canned we could hardly wait a week before opening them and testing the product...sweet candy from Heaven, I'm telling you this was to die for. YUM

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That all sounds so awesome! Now I'm even more hungry than I was before! :D

    ReplyDelete