Inner Self: "Why is Emma being such a brat? She is purposefully pushing my buttons. At least Shane is home today so he knows I'm not making it up."
Deeper Inner Self "Look at the facts Erin: not sleeping, not eating, grumpy, and bad diapers-she's teething. You should be nicer."
I.S. "I'm to tired to care if she's teething. This has been an awfully long week. Why won't somebody stop everything they are doing to think more about ME and be nicer to ME?"
D.I.S. "Erin you are so selfish! Stop acting like a baby and go take better care of your baby."
I.S. "I really am selfish. Well, at least I didn't post that sarcastic thought on Facebook about giving her away. Maybe I'm just really worn out. Yeah, I should give myself a break so I can be nicer to Emma. Where's Shane, I'll tell him we should go out to eat so I don't have to cook..."
(it's ok to laugh, I do)
I have those inner self conversations too. i really liked what you said about the Facebook comment! Ha!
ReplyDeleteoh eryn, I love ya... you are an awesome mom, just remember that.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love you Erin!
ReplyDeleteLydia is just starting teething and I shudder to think I have like 20 more teeth worth of this to go!
ReplyDelete