Mother's Day has taken on new meaning the last few years, and new feelings too. They aren't always the best of feelings.
The perfect woman would probably say being a Mother has paved the way to pure joy and happiness all the time. The perfect woman would never hide in her room and cry while her kid(s) scream at the door to get more attention and suck the rest of your energy out of you. Not to mention, the perfect woman would multi-task 1,000 thoughts and events without a hair out of place.
I am not that perfect woman. I will never be that perfect woman in this lifetime. And let me tell you that Blasted Adversary likes to remind me how imperfect I am every Mother's Day (not to mention most days). So that new meaning of Mother's Day is one of overcoming guilt, and applying faith that God our Father provided a Savior to help me through my imperfections.
Now, that confession being said, some of my favorite things about being a Mother:
1. Snuggles
2. Laughing
3. Story time
4. Playing in the backyard
5. Calm, quiet nap time
Goals for this year:
1. Less yelling
2. More listening
3. More Outings
Yup I think 3 goals at a time will do.
This year Emma took me to the beloved Cafe Rio! She was kind enough to help me portion control by eating as much as I did :) We sat at the computer watching Rock-a-Doodle and eating pure yumminess.
I like your goals. I think I will adopt them as well. :)
ReplyDeletethat last comment was from Ashlee Krebs :)
ReplyDeleteI just love love you, Erin. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate having you as a friend. You are such a good example to me and I look up to you.
ReplyDeleteIn your daughter's eyes...you are a hero. I really love that song.
Also, now I want some Cafe Rio (or Costa Vida) too!!! Thanks a lot! ;)
thank you for posting this. I was JUST feeling really guilty for losing my patience with my two year old niece the other day. (I'm sure when my daughter gets a little older I'll have those days with her too) You're right, the atonement makes up the difference when we fall short. We don't have to be perfect just striving to do our best:) I really needed to hear that.
ReplyDelete