The Lesson was on being Obedient. I have to give a quick shout-out for the Primary Lesson Manuals: They are very inspired and layout EVERY detail you may every need to teach children how to choose the right and come closer to Christ.
Anyway, I was feeling the need to help the kids understand the importance of Obedience more personally than what the book outlines.
So our object lesson was like this:
I introduced the lesson by saying I had made some chocolate swirl banana bread to share.
"I looked at the recipe once and I needed some flour, bananas, salt, chocolate etc..."
I Made one loaf with TONS of salt, I'm talking 5 TB or more and cut it into pieces for each child to get a bite...hehehe
They looked at me all funny but didn't say a word (I think they were honestly trying not to hurt my feelings).
So I prompted them with "I didn't think it would matter if I followed the recipe EXACTLY, I mean i looked at the book once...wasn't that enough?"
Long story short: I gave them their yummy mini loaves while I finished the lesson.
However, one of the older girls said to me: "This would be a great April Fools idea!"
Hmmm I wonder if my hard work each week even makes an impression :)
Erin you are so creative! I bet your kids love you! Oh, and that bread looks really yummy!
ReplyDeleteI think every teacher wonders whether all the hard work does any good. I think it often does make a difference, but we don't and won't always see it. P.S. I want that recipe! :D
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS LESSON!! Bravo... Kids absorb way more than we know... Keep it up!
ReplyDelete