The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest

This project is a duvet cover for the guest bedroom.

I gathered my material. I was trying to stick to a budget so I needed to find fabrics that I liked, was willing to work with, and were on SALE.

I did pretty well. I don’t LOVE every fabric but I like them and I think they will go well together for the purpose of this duvet cover.


Next I had to cut everything into strips, I don’t actually do a lot of sewing and don’t own-yet-a quilting mat. Nor do I have the proper work space, but you improvise when you’re motivated.

If this duvet cover had a name it would be crème brûlée. I just love these colors, soft creamy golds and dark chocolate browns. I’ve started working on the patched stripes that have the beautiful cranberry or wine color too. It’s gonna look great! Now if only I can get it finished before this weekend is up.

I’m working on a dress (from a pattern) for Emma (hopefully for her birthday).

2 comments:

  1. look at you - you sewing machine!!! i love it! can't wait to see all your finished projects! this all makes me wish i lived next door to you!

    ReplyDelete