The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Friday, July 6, 2012

States Away

Emma and I were blessed enough to make a spontaneous trip to Grandma and Grandpa's  house in Oregon. We were equally blessed to have Emma's cousin, Brittany, join us.

It was an excellent mix of activities and leisure. I was never bored but I never got overwhelmed with things to do either. It's always nice to come home for a visit.

My cat sitter kept mentioning the strange things the cat would do while we were away: moving blankets, pulling the toilet brush into the middle of the living room, and sleeping in the bathtub to name a few.

On with the Fun:

Tide pool treasures.

Brittany's hermit crab.
Probably the only picture I have of me on this entire vacation.

Saturday's Market: The Hippy Parade

Her first attempt at video games!
Playing 'Stomp Stomp' with Grandpa.
Tired at the end of our trip.

 Next time I'll have to make plans to meet up with a few old friends, this trip was so spontaneous the only people who knew I was there were my family and my cat sitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment