The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Monday, November 8, 2010

McDonalds, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut:


It's update time on my health goals and latest and greatest info (for anybody who might actually read this)

I met with Dr. E again and she was happy with my results and how well things are going for me. I've lost 1/3 of the necessary weight-which is significant! Naturally the first month you loose a lot, I expect weight loss to slow down these next 3+ months. In fact Dr E. has instructed me on very specific workouts, which will elongate muscles changing my body shape even if I start loosing only 1 pound a week (which is healthy and normal just FYI).

I've moved into what I call stage 3: which includes more foods and more options. Some of my favorite new flavors include whipped cream cheese, Kashi cereal, dried fruit, and get this Fast Food...

I was given instructions on how to eat out, literally I've been given instructions on how to best eat at McDonald's and the like. For those of you who are wondering how in tarnation to eat at McDonald's if placed in such a precarious situation here are two suggestions-

1. Fresh Chicken Salads (chicken must be baked or grilled)
2. QuarterPounder (without cheese, mayo, ketchup and lose the top bun)

I think you get the picture, it's not easily done but for special occasions or when you're on the road I've earned the right to eat at Taco Bell and Wendy's and even Chili's or Applebee's.

I finally got to use a birthday gift which was a gift card to Olive Garden-let me tell you it was a treat!

Anyway, the point to this jabber is to update success and make mention that even 'dieting' doesn't have to be forever, just make sure you get off the couch every now and then...

Disclaimer: Emma bean was the cutest chubby baby, and there is NOTHING wrong with a little chub at that age. I mean no bad humor or future harassment with a photo like this, simply a little smile for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Erin!!! I am proud of you! I love you; you are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Keep up the good work! I never would have considered McDonalds diet food! Sounds like they're comming up with some healthy choices?

    Emma is so cute! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and LOVE the new lead photo! You are so beautiful both physically and in spirit and I am so proud to call you my Daughter-In-Law....ah, heck with that. My daughter!

    Much love to you, Shane and Emma

    ReplyDelete