We don't seem to be celebrating the holidays much while in this crazy long transition stage of renting in SLC.
I think Shane was on call for Fourth of July, we celebrated Emma's birthday vs. Labor Day, we didn't buy any real pumpkins for Halloween, we're planning on having a baby for Thanksgiving-no I'm not making a Turkey this year. And as for Christmas, well all my decorations are in storage and I have no plans to get them out!
But I did manage to pick up $3 t-shirts from Walmart and turn them into something so Emma could go to the church 'Trunk-or-Treat'. I really appreciate the church parking lot every year. With Shane working so much it helped me feel safe, I trusted the candy a little more, I felt comfortable leaving my bowl of candy in the trunk (with a sign "one per costume please") and walking away from it! Plus Emma gets to enjoy the festive enthusiasm that is Halloween. It's a win win in my book.
Just in case Emma's crazy leopard pants and cowboy boots threw you off she is 'pinky' the pack man ghost and baby bump is, well, pack man.
Cute costume!
ReplyDelete