The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Potty Time

Today is our first potty party: anything salty, juice, a timer, and panties.

We started the day with 2 accidents in less than 10 minutes which led to serious tears and embarrassment, but have had great success since. I'm sure there are more episodes of embarrassment to come, especially when we use a foreign potty.


But in the mean time I'm exhausted, and seeing as my own bathroom breaks are currently many, I'm cutting out excess fluids to make way for the child who keeps running to the one and only toilet. We set the timer for every 20 minutes to stop what we are doing to practice sitting on the potty...this in and of itself requires all the patience and energy a pregnant mom can take.

I'm mostly worried about when we are outside for a walk or at church on Sunday, if anyone has any advice I'm pretty open to suggestions :)

Here's hoping that this is truly all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! I am looking forward to hearing all the success stories so when I need to face this hump you can help me! :)

    ReplyDelete