The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Friday, November 18, 2011

One more reason i LOVE my Kitchen-Aid

I learned on my awesome girls trip that I can shred cooked chicken breast in the Kitchen-Aid! IN THE KITCHEN-AID!! No more killing your hands with a fork in each hating yourself for picking a meal that required shredded anything.

Yes I'm aware that you can shred them in a Crock-pot too but seriously, who thinks that far in advance and still has to rip that meat with forks?


Anyway, give it a try:

make sure your chicken is cooked and still warm is best. I threw mine in minutes after taking them off the grill. I used speed 4 and 6 (for some reason my chicken went Kamikaze at that speed so I also put a clean dish towel over the opening to keep it all in the bowl).

Good luck!


photos taken from THIS blog

Oh and just so you know I used this recipe if you're looking for something new and DELICIOUS to try:


Natasha’s Lime Enchiladas
green taco sauce (La Victoria, 1-2 bottles depending on how many you are making)
1/4 cilantro sprigs, chopped
2 T fresh lime juice
3 garlic cloves
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (4-6 chicken breasts)
mozarella cheese
flour tortillas (6-8")
extra limes to garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place green sauce, cilantro, lime juice, garlic cloves in a food processor or blender.  Blend on high for 30 seconds.  Set 1/2 aside.  Pour a little into the bottom of pan, spread out thin.  Mix 1/2 of sauce with chicken and 1/2-3/4 cup cheese.  Spoon 1/4 cup mixture into each tortilla.  Roll tortillas.  Line in pan.  Pour remaining sauce evenly over enchiladas.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment