The Soaring Oldfield's:

Come take a flight with us, remember to fasten your safety belt and please note your airsick bag-a blog this mushy and you might need it.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be:

Ok I did it. I just made a hundred dollar appointment to share all my hopes, fears, concerns, and goals with a complete stranger-a stranger with a PHD for that matter (for those who don’t know I happen to have a bad taste in my mouth for most doctors...).


I’ve done some research and found a dietitian/nutritionist to help me look into my health, weight, exercise, genetics, and eating habits. I have a fitness/strength and weight-loss goal that I have not yet met and it’s time to be more serious about it. Emma is over a year old and I’m certainly not getting any younger.


Why am I telling you? Why share some of the most embarrassing and personal information with the blogging world: because recently I read somebody else’s personal confession to hold themselves more accountable and I want to be held accountable too. Because telling your visiting teachers “Yeah, I’d like to loose more weight and be healthier.” won’t cut it anymore, because I believe if I wait any longer I may simply give up.


I don’t believe fad diets or extreme popular diet plans will work for me and my personality. Being accountable with the help of a medical professional will-with time, patience and old fashioned hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Paco- you can do ANYTHING you set your sights on to accomplish! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am behind you 100% and can totally sympathize-you can do it! I hope you'll share any good tips! PS my cousin and her heli-pilot hubby are moving to Vegas in a few weeks. I will have to hook you guys up. =)

    ReplyDelete